• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
Hey there dudes! I stopped by to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the helpful information you have provided on the steps to becoming a Naval Aviator. I believe the stories and information you guys share here is the most important source of data I have found yet. I would not have even heard of the BDCP program without this site and I am hoping to use that program to join you guys up in your office (read: wild blue yonder) someday. Who knows if I'll make it in under that program, or through OCS, or even at all, but you're all my heroes and are all living my dream. I'm sure I will have more than a few questions the closer I get to submitting my packet into BDCP, so thanks in advance for that too! Stay safe up there guys, and I hope to meet a few of you in person in the future!

-Colby

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Hey there dudes! I stopped by to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the helpful information you have provided on the steps to becoming a Naval Aviator. I believe the stories and information you guys share here is the most important source of data I have found yet. I would not have even heard of the BDCP program without this site and I am hoping to use that program to join you guys up in your office (read: wild blue yonder) someday. Who knows if I'll make it in under that program, or through OCS, or even at all, but you're all my heroes and are all living my dream. I'm sure I will have more than a few questions the closer I get to submitting my packet into BDCP, so thanks in advance for that too! Stay safe up there guys, and I hope to meet a few of you in person in the future!

-Colby

That's the air force, we're all drinking to the foam here. You'll understand that one later.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

-Colby

Welcome aboard...:D <<Ducks and covers>>

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Colby, glad to have you around, bro...

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Bubba

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

-Colby

Those of us a step or two ahead of you know how excited you are. Good luck! And post less than me and you'll be safe. :D

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot

-Colby

Ego stroking. Pilots LOVE ego stroking. Seriously, good luck to you. I remember when I first started applying and how excited I was. Just remember and keep that excitement with you while your jumping through the myriad of hoops and filling out the seemingly endless forms that they'll give you. Keep your eyes on the prize. It is definitely worth it.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Just remember that so long as you stay tenacious (and stay in great physical condition in the case of aviation), you can't lose. The difference between even the weakest applicants I've seen cross this site is one could hold out longer and take disappointment better than the others and eventually got his way. Merely by holding out for one more go around people are able to earn careers that truly turn their life around vs. calling it a day. So what year of college are you in?

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
I am in my Junior year getting ready for the summer term to try to bump up some of my math grades (whoo hoo :(). Had a great summer of easy work/surfing/flying/Europe trip planned but I am going to sacrifice it to try and raise my GPA in a tough area for me. Hopefully that will help the package I send in later down the road. I still have about a year and a half to go till graduation, and in the meantime it's all about grades and raising my running distance and upper body strength for PFT's/OCS. Right now I am also talking to the Marines. With them, it seems like they are a little easier on the GPA scores if you have a great PFT profile, but I don't think they offer a BDCP-like program so I can only see that helping me if I don't get into the Navy via BDCP and have to apply to either service via OCS-SNA (I heard this is very difficult to be JoeSchmoe off the street with only a degree in hand unless your package is endorsed by Superman). A friend of mine wants to join the Marines for Infantry Officer, so I have been thinking a great deal about the Marines lately. A whole helluva lot of commitment in the that bunch, but then again its a whole helluva lot of commitment to the Navy as well. I can really see an advantage going through OCS with a friend though. Navy OCS is ruled by Marine DI's isn't it? So would they be similar in difficultly? Thats really not as important though, considering either contract is going to be for a good 10 years, so 13 weeks compared to that is probably nothing. I would probably benefit greatly from some good gouge on the difference between a 10 year Marine aviation career and a 10 year Naval Aviation career. I've done many searches, here and other places, but I still haven't really got a grasp for what either will be like. Thats kind where I am at right now.

Bogey! Great job getting into OCS!! How's the next part go? "Now don't fvck it up!:D"

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
A friend of mine wants to join the Marines for Infantry Officer, so I have been thinking a great deal about the Marines lately. A whole helluva lot of commitment in the that bunch, but then again its a whole helluva lot of commitment to the Navy as well. I can really see an advantage going through OCS with a friend though. Navy OCS is ruled by Marine DI's isn't it? So would they be similar in difficultly? Thats really not as important though, considering either contract is going to be for a good 10 years, so 13 weeks compared to that is probably nothing.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) Paragraphs are your friend :D

2) Marine OCS is more physically demanding than Navy OCS (but oh well, if that's what you really want).

3) Marines in some areas get great discounts on bikes.

As for the real differences between Marines and Squids, I'll let an actual Marine tell you about it. :)