• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helmet Fire Inc.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I will be taking over as my unit's safety officer in the not too distant future and I am going to evaluate this product.

http://helmetfire.com/index.html

Apparently, there are a few helo squadrons at North Island (and others)that have used it. It allows anonymus input of post-flight data to help improve flight safety.

Sounds like it could be used like an ongoing lessons learned thing sort of like Approach magazine (which for some reason the internet link is not working).

I was wondering if there is anybody in here that is familiar with it and can give me an opinion.

Here's the Senior Consultant info:

Sheldon Hunt, Senior Consultant
Sheldon is a senior consultant and specializes in developing advanced human factors related training tools and materials. "In a former life" he served as a US Navy carrier pilot in a variety of operational and training capacities. After leaving the Navy in 1996, he worked with a number of small companies in sales, marketing, operations and management roles prior to founding Helmet Fire, Inc. in 2000. Sheldon is an active general aviation pilot with an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) license plus several instructor designations.

Thanks.

xnav​

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
TAW-4 recently implemented a similar program (post flight, anonymous data entry) as a mandatory requirement for all crew after every flight. It had only been online for maybe eight weeks when I transferred (Nov) so we hadn't seen alot of throughput on it yet, but it seemed like a good idea and was getting alot of genuine use by studs and IP's.

Might want to contact the Wing safety guy and see if he has more info.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The staff bios are a tad vague I would be interested in what this guy flew, where, what his quals were and possibly reputation in the fleet.
I have not heard of this program in the Marine side. We seem to be spending ridiculous amounts of money on the Global War on Error program.

KBayDog

I'd be interested to see what Geeters and Hudson bring to the fight:

Geeters
Geeters is the thinker of the group. He contemplates the tough decisions... then sleeps on it before contemplating some more.

Hudson
Hudson is business savvy. He knows what he wants and he gets it. His recent acquisitions are raw hides and fetch balls.

Seriously, though, please let us know what you learn.

KBayDog

We seem to be spending ridiculous amounts of money on the Global War on Error program.

My biggest gripe with GWOE is how non-NMCI-friendly the courses seem to be. I did GWOE III, and there was one slide (an animation of the C-5 mishap at Dover a few years back) that simply would not load on NMCI's lightening-fast connection. That, and every single bit of annual training seems to be moving towards CBTs on MarineNet - it won't be long before we are qualifying on a 500-yd virtual KD range from our PC, or taking a virtual PFT ala The Sims.

Most disheartening is that every time I see a GWOE e-mail, the first thing I "see" is GWAR...and then reality kicks in, and I realize it is not meant to be.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am already tired of the same sea stories at the GWOE seminars. Having an AF version of a sea story where Chuck Yeager almost kills you is solid, telling it two seminars in a row is not.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am already tired of the same sea stories at the GWOE seminars. Having an AF version of a sea story where Chuck Yeager almost kills you is solid, telling it two seminars in a row is not.

There are seminars now? WTF? I've done the Phase/Stage I and II, but only had to sit through a video and a MarineNet test or two.

Don't be stupid, don't fuck up. Got it. Next topic.