• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helmet Question

GAG-E

I have a HGU-33/P (old navy helmet) but the visor lock needs to be replaced (that bolt thing that moves the visor up and down). Online I found someone selling the visor lock for the HGU-68/P (new navy helmet), and I want to know if it will fit my HGU-33/P.

Actually better yet, does anyone know where to get a visor lock for a HUG-33/P?

Oh and the thing I'm talking about looks like this:
hgup-tn-68lockknob.jpg

Thanks

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
flightsuits.com does military helmet refurbishing. They can probably answer your question.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
also check flighthelmet.com ... this guy is sometimes tough to get ahold of, but seems to run cheaper than FS

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I have a HGU-33/P (old navy helmet) but the visor lock needs to be replaced (that bolt thing that moves the visor up and down). Online I found someone selling the visor lock for the HGU-68/P (new navy helmet), and I want to know if it will fit my HGU-33/P.

Actually better yet, does anyone know where to get a visor lock for a HUG-33/P?

Oh and the thing I'm talking about looks like this:
hgup-tn-68lockknob.jpg

Thanks

Case of beer on me ..whatever you like if you wear it to report at OCS.

GAG-E

Thanks

A guy at flighthelmet answered my email about 4 hours after i sent it, looks like he has a match.

Wear a HGU-33/P to OCS? Gotta get that air contract first, man!