• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo/SAR Pr0n

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A buddy of mine who's a production guy sent this link to me. The actual video stuff was shot by the DP of Terminator 4 and some upcoming SEAL doc. He does A LOT of acquisition on Canon 5D and 7D hardware. Anyway, for those interested in production, it's interesting. For those interested in Navy SAR and helo ops, it's interesting. For those interested in what I'm assuming is the Pac NW, it's pretty.

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/gallery.php

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Nice videos, but I don't know if I'm a big fan of the orange and gray paint scheme. Orange and white looks sharp, but orange and gray is lacking a bit...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You should see the orange and black that Ft. Rucker uses.

fortrucker.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
You should see the orange and black that Ft. Rucker uses.

fortrucker.jpg

Not liking that too much either....

Back at HS-10 we prepped a couple of birds for station SAR coming out of PMI. They had a bright clean orange and white paint scheme and looked pretty sharp. Of course they also looked like a USCG helo...

Pags

N/A
pilot
Pax River has some orange and white 60Fs. It's strange to see a 60 looking like an H-3.

Attachments

• 17143_656729581619_&.jpg
    17143_656729581619_&.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 62

highside7r

None
Pax and China Lake went the same route, Fallon Longhorns still growing on me. When is Pcola going to paint theirs? What do the -60F's at Key West look like?
The USAF TH-1's at Rucker are all gray now, and our UH-60's have the orange door treatment as well.

Great post on the vid's, gives me a chance to talk s#$t to one of the guys I know on it!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pax and China Lake went the same route, Fallon Longhorns still growing on me. When is Pcola going to paint theirs? What do the -60F's at Key West look like?
The USAF TH-1's at Rucker are all gray now, and our UH-60's have the orange door treatment as well.

Great post on the vid's, gives me a chance to talk s#$t to one of the guys I know on it!

As of a year-ish ago, the Key West birds were still grey. Haven't been back since then...well, not more than a quick stop as our ship drove by.

slug

At 2:13 in the second video (interviews with the swimmers) there was what appeared to be a Bell 206 that had crashed onto a roof. Anyone know the story behind that a/c? It looked like a/c # N2300-. Possibly dynamic rollover while attempting a rooftop rescue--that's the only explanation I can think of.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
At 2:13 in the second video (interviews with the swimmers) there was what appeared to be a Bell 206 that had crashed onto a roof. Anyone know the story behind that a/c? It looked like a/c # N2300-. Possibly dynamic rollover while attempting a rooftop rescue--that's the only explanation I can think of.

It's Katrina. Several news helos went down during the evolution. One of them fell through a roof. I'm guessing that's the one you're seeing.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Then its nothing but the Lakota

size0-army.mil-45170-2009-07-20-090720.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats a damn good looking helo! You guys use that for training?

Lawman

None
No thats Flatiron, our local medivac unit. They do all the crash recovery and medivac missions for USAACE and support the local area as an available air ambulance. They started getting them about last July/August. Still have a few of the Hueys left and the Jury is still out on the LUH. It was originally supposed to be a non deployable aircraft for Guard/Reserve units so they could free up Hawks that were being underutilized in the States.