• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help Identifying Helo?

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
The other day we were spinning up for a medevac and my crewchief pointed out that this had pulled up next to us. I'm sure that there are several people on here who can help me identify it. I think that it's Kuwaiti National Guard. Thanks.
Foreign Helo.jpg

GroundPounder

It's a Lynx, and from the roundel appears to be from the UK.

I'm not sure if the RAF fly them but I know that the Army Air Corps use them.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Royal Army and Fleet Air Arm (for support of Royal Marines) both use the Lynx

180px-Lynx_Hubschrauber_IFOR.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The RN also flies them. They're the basic equivalent to our -60Bs off the small boys, albeit a much more lo-tech version.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The RN also flies them. They're the basic equivalent to our -60Bs off the small boys, albeit a much more lo-tech version.

The Fleet Air Arm is part of Royal Navy (like Naval Aviation is to Navy in US)

That said, they operate the Mk8 in SH-60B type role and the Mk7 as transport/utility platform in support of Royal Marines. Want to know more?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HeyJoe, I think you and I posted at the same time...although I didn't know the actual classification of the RN, ie Fleet Air Arm. Then again, I find the whole British method of organization to be pretty confusing. "Okay, that guy has a red beret w/ a green square patch, so that he must be part of the Queens Royal Window Licker and Gate Guard who never leave London, but those guys over there w/ green berets are SAS and can kill you just by looking at you."

East

东部
Contributor
Westland Lynx

Westland Lynx from the Army Air Corps. Fleet Air Arm Lynxes don't have skids and can easily be identified by their wheels. Other difference is that Army Air Corps cockpitcrews are W/O's and enlisted, while Fleet Air Arm's are Commisioned Navy Officers.

http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/eagles/team.htm

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
One of those fuckers barrel rolled over the 60B I was in as a crewman in November '91 on a North Star in Vjestfjord (America BG). We gave him a run on balls out speed, but that rigid rotor head tore us up in manueverability.