• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with Answers to study guide!

TPrice9

Can anyone answer these questions to a study guide i'm using?1. When two aircraft are traveling towards each other, which way do they both break to avoid collision? A. Up and to the right B. Down And to the right. C. Down and to the left. D. Up and to the left.2. When one aircraft is passing another, where do they pass at? A. Up and to the right B. Down And to the right. C. Down and to the left. D. Up and to the left.Thanks to anybody who answers and helps!!

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
According to the FAR (91.113), the only requirement is to break right, and pass on the right. If I had to choose one of those multiple choice answers, I'd have to say to break down and to the right, to maintain visibility. Don't know about passing another aircraft...on one hand, down and to the right lets you see him better....conversely, up and to the right lets him see you better. If forced to choose, I'd rather have the guy in sight myself, so I'd say down and to the right. Sounds like a crappy question to me

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That was kind of my thought. You pass on the right, but I don't recall anything big about a change in altitude.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I certainly wouldn't want to descend without knowing the starting altitude.