• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with package

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcccc11

I've been in the Navy for almost 5 years. I'm an SK3(AW) and I'm applying for the STA-21, pilot option. I put my package in last year, and I wasn't selected because of my low scores on my ASTB and my ACT. I know I have to study harder for my ACT but how can I study for the ASTB? My second question is: I really want to become a Pilot, so that was my first choice and CORE second choice, but is it true that if I don't get picked up for Pilot I might get picked up for CORE? Or not ? I really want to be selected and I'm trying to build a stronger package this year. I wrote a new personal letter but I would like someone that has been through this process to read it. I'm just getting all frustrated because I really don't know what they want. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Hum...
Well, I'm just getting finished with the civilian side. for the ACT, I would buy a Kaplin or Prinston Review book. For the ASTB I would study the Gouge on this site. The test has just been changed, so I'm not sure how the new one is going to compare to the Gouge. As to selection, your packet will go infront of both boards for Professional Recommendation. If you get Pilot, you put in your FINDOCS and it goes back infront of the board. If you don't get Pilot, but get Pro Rec'd for CORE, then you do the same thing. So to answer, yes, if you don't get selected for pilot, you may get selected for CORE.

mikee

tcccc11,

First of all, I would just like to wish you the best on your application. On the other hand, as a reminder, there are many avenues for commissioning, enlisted and civilian, that could open doors for you. So, if one door doesn't open for you don't forget to try another. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.