• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hey!does anyone here have eye floaters?

Top_Gun_101

Fly GA
I'm just wondering if some pilots here have these floaters???

This is embeded with your vision,it looks like this:
Floaters.gif

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I think pretty much everyone gets them as they get older. They are really just mobile dirt in your eye. If you want to know if you have them, try lying on your back and looking up at the blue sky.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Not a pilot, but I definitely have experienced "floaters." From what I understand it is very common....are they disqualifying for anything? I don't remember ever being asked, and if I was the answer would be no. :)

Rossi

Use to have them alot when i was a kid, but they have kinda gone away. I only notice them every once and a while.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
They only happen to normal people as illusions when looking at a brightly lit surface or object such as a bright sky or something. If they happen often and for no apparent reason, it could be actual bits of tissue floating in your vitreous humor..:eek:

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I believe it is usually just annoying, but if it is severe enough, and noticeable enough to the docs, might be DQ for naval aviation. I believe there was a thread about this recently. Might want to search for it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you sarnav...that was very helpful. And here I've been worrying for the last couple months.

Don't sweat it. I remember seeing floaters when I was 6 years old and wondering what they were. I didn't figure it out until they were discussed in a college psychology class, of all things.

Brett