• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HMH-366 Back In Business at Cherry Point?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So I understand there was very recently a commissioning ceremony at MCAS Cherry Point for HMH-366 - formerly a tenant of Kaneohe Bay (decom in 2000).

Quite an upgrade in geography huh?

Why not New River? Seems odd place to put a 53 squadron.

Anyways, 8 x 53E's to start and 16 by the end of 2009.

New patch?

phrogpilot73

So I understand there was very recently a commissioning ceremony at MCAS Cherry Point for HMH-366 - formerly a tenant of Kaneohe Bay (decom in 2000).

Quite an upgrade in geography huh?

Why not New River? Seems odd place to put a 53 squadron.

Anyways, 8 x 53E's to start and 16 by the end of 2009.

New patch?
They don't have enough room at New River. HMH-769 (a reserve squadron) was decommissioned, and that's where the aircraft came from. There's also a skid squadron headed to Cherry Point, also a former reserve squadron. I hear that they're building a new hangar at the River, and that eventually both squadrons will move from Cherry Point to New River.

http://www.havenews.com/news/squadron_4553___article.html/new_marines.html

Patch:
Hmh-366_insignia.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
-366 took over the old VMGRT-253 hanger and they are up and rolling ... taking up all the parking spots ... :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Just when I thought that The Peoples Republic of Cherry Point couldn't possibly suck more..........it does.

There goes the neighborhood.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Is that shark eating that shitter? If so, that's one HUGE fucking shark.

I haven't been back on the base much since I got back last week, but I haven't seen/heard any helos (other than the SAR bird) flying around. There are a few people from the MEU that wouldn't be displeased if it were all just a nasty rumor.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Is that shark eating that shitter? If so, that's one HUGE fucking shark.

I haven't been back on the base much since I got back last week, but I haven't seen/heard any helos (other than the SAR bird) flying around. There are a few people from the MEU that wouldn't be displeased if it were all just a nasty rumor.

I haven't really seen very many either, except for a handful, and I'm on base all day everyday. However, there is a flight line full of Shitters ready to roll.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
To be fair, I've only been back for 168 hours, most of which has been spent in the pursuit of continuing my genetic line and consuming vast quantities of beer. So I might not have been paying attention.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I fly a couple of times a week and haven't really seen much either. On another note, rumor is they're bringing the Prowler rag here too in the future...to share VMAT-203's spaces.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Cherry Point has undergone a couple changes while I was gone. The other noticeable one (for me, anyway) was that they finally broke ground on the temporary spaces for MASS-1. Temporary, you ask? Why, that's so that we can move out of our old ass busted buildings, and live in trailers while they rip the old ones down. Wow, half a dozen trailers to house a unit that just doubled in size to almost 400. Sweet.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
A seriously considered alternative (at one time) was to lease a building out in town until various renovations were complete. The only building of sufficient size available in Havelock was a former Piggly Wiggly.

Check Six

If anyone has a postal address for the new squadron could they please PM me with it as would like to put them on the VIP list for the mag.

Cheers,

Ned

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I fly a couple of times a week and haven't really seen much either. On another note, rumor is they're bringing the Prowler rag here too in the future...to share VMAT-203's spaces.

That isn't rumor. That's the plan for when 129 stops Prowler production. Combine the Harrier & Prowler RAGs into one squadron.

But knowing big Navy, and if big MC is anything the like, plan is rumor until its already happened, and even then its questionable.