• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does location assignment work?

Kaminoshi

Currently applying for NFO (scores are 59/7/7/7 w/ degree in aerospace eng). I understand that if I am selected it will be a long way off but how does assignment to a location work? I am shooting for strike, and im fairly confident as long as slots are open during training that I can make it.

How does assignment to a location work in the navy though? I end up in the FRS and learn whatever aircraft I end up with and move on from there. I am interested in being stationed in Japan (atsugi). I lived there when I was very young and enjoy living in Japan. Also, some people say that Japan isnt that hard to get to because not many want to go there. Apparently the work is a little different than in the states and most people fresh out of school would rather stay in the US... or so ive been told.

If anyone can give any insight or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Currently applying for NFO (scores are 59/7/7/7 w/ degree in aerospace eng). I understand that if I am selected it will be a long way off but how does assignment to a location work? I am shooting for strike, and im fairly confident as long as slots are open during training that I can make it.

How does assignment to a location work in the navy though? I end up in the FRS and learn whatever aircraft I end up with and move on from there. I am interested in being stationed in Japan (atsugi). I lived there when I was very young and enjoy living in Japan. Also, some people say that Japan isnt that hard to get to because not many want to go there. Apparently the work is a little different than in the states and most people fresh out of school would rather stay in the US... or so ive been told.

If anyone can give any insight or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

All depends on what's available when your RAG class is handing out billets. If you get to that point, you can tell them you want CAG-5 and they'll probably hook you up if there's a slot, but there might not be any slots at that time. Bottom line - crap shoot. They also (usually) don't send guys who aren't strong players in the RAG, so not sucking will also help your cause.

Brett