• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How it is in the oilfield.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Gents,

I know how it is in the fleet, but I thought it would be cool to show you how we do it in the oilfield. I took the pictures from the top of our derrick aboard the Deepwater Horizon RBS-8. Hope you enjoy...............

Peace out.

Attachments

• PRS Drag Chain (3) 010.jpg
    PRS Drag Chain (3) 010.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 106
  • PRS Drag Chain (3) 012.jpg
    PRS Drag Chain (3) 012.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 121
  • PRS Drag Chain (3) 014.jpg
    PRS Drag Chain (3) 014.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 106

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Gents,

I know how it is in the fleet, but I thought it would be cool to show you how we do it in the oilfield. I took the pictures from the top of our derrick aboard the Deepwater Horizon RBS-8. Hope you enjoy...............

Peace out.
HEY , you-a-l-l-l !!!!

Yes, I "know" how you do it in the oilfields ... when I got sh!tcanned (furloughed) from my first airline (or second? -- Braniff, in any case ... ) ... I snagged a job as the D.O. for the Hunt Bro's part 135 operation in Dallas ... we had a large fleet of rotary and fixed wing --- and that's where I got my 50 +/- hours of Bell 206/206L hours. :)

One of the kinder, gentler, more understanding helo-drivers even let me land on one of the Gulf rigs --- we had a large base @ Houma, LA.

Caroline Hunt used to bring a pretty good pot of chili into work @ Dallas 2-3 times a week for lunch, too .... if you have to be furloughed, GOOD TIMES. :)

Screamtruth

นักมวย
HEY , you-a-l-l-l !!!!

Yes, I "know" how you do it in the oilfields ... when I got sh!tcanned (furloughed) from my first airline (or second? -- Braniff, in any case ... ) ... I snagged a job as the D.O. for the Hunt Bro's part 135 operation in Dallas ... we had a large fleet of rotary and fixed wing --- and that's where I got my 50 +/- hours of Bell 206/206L hours. :)

One of the kinder, gentler, more understanding helo-drivers even let me land on one of the Gulf rigs --- we had a large base @ Houma, LA.

Caroline Hunt used to bring a pretty good pot of chili into work @ Dallas 2-3 times a week for lunch, too .... if you have to be furloughed, GOOD TIMES. :)

Yo, A4's...............we are flying out of Houma as well. The airport there serves as our heliport after Katrina destroyed the old one.

Charlie Hammonds air service is the FBO there, and we (BP) setup operations with PHI there...........................

The bird is a S-76, but it was just a "COD" run, and no personnel. We usually run the new S-92, which is a lot bigger, for crew changes.

I do not have any pet sharks, Schnugg................just oil, and plenty of drilling mud.

Semper Fi