• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does NOMI take for PRK waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangbanger

I submitted my waiver for PRK about a 6 weeks ago now and still haven't heard anything back. If anybody has done this already, how long did it take for you to get some feedback?

zilber

pilot
Stangbanger said:
I submitted my waiver for PRK about a 6 weeks ago now and still haven't heard anything back. If anybody has done this already, how long did it take for you to get some feedback?
It takes a while. I would ask your admin officer to call and follow up. Mine got "lost." I am very lucky that I was in an awesome ROTC unit who ended up taking care of the paperwork and getting the waiver approved for me.

Stangbanger

Thanks for the replies fellas. I just got selected pilot (yeaaa!!) so now i'm just waiting around on this waiver to go through, so were yall contacted by NOMI or did your staff have to make some calls to get your status?

Prashant Patel

for my PRK waiver NOMI sent the waiver to the unit automatically after i gotta pilot slot last year. It took 2 weeks, no sweat. I guess I was one of the lucky guys.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Physicx said:
How long after surgrey do you have to wait to get a waiver?

You wait 3 months after the procedure and send it in. At least thats what my advisor/medical officer told me.

flynsail

pilot
As far as the waiver process, mine was done in less than a week. They really went out of their way to get it done though, so I could get commissioned as scheduled. I was very lucky to get it done that fast.

Physicx,

Unless it has changed, you have to wait until your 6-month post-op.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Stangbanger said:

I think the better question would be how long does it take to get anything back from the Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.