• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long has it taken?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
For those of you who have heard back recently from the boards for a Pro-rec, how long did it take to hear back from the boards your pro-rec (or non select) since turning your paperwork over to your recruiter? Thanks.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
For me it took just over a week, but that was because I turned the last of the paperwork in a little over a week before the board. It depends on when the boards are in comparison to when you turn your stuff in. If the board is 3 weeks after you turn in your package then its obviously gonna be a while before you hear anything. The July board went down this week so if your stuff was in in time, then you should be hearing something.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Once all your paperwork is submitted, it will usually be reviewed whenever the next board meets, which is usually around the middle of every month. That's not always the case, however, especially if your application is submitted close to when the board meets, in which case it may get bumped to the next month. After the board, it will probably be a week or two before you hear anything, though it seemed to be a lot faster this month than the past couple.

skim

None
Contributor
Im not sure if I was clear. I know how the process works, I was just curious how long individually, people have had to wait. Without going onto a soapbox, mine has taken about 5-6months to hear anything, and I have called a processor and was told it was at headquarters and that was all he could tell me. I was just wondering if anyone else out there was in, or had, a similar experience.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
If it has been in for 5-6 months and you haven't heard anything yet, thats not good. I would be calling anybody I could to find out what was wrong. Your package could have gone in front of a board 5-6 times already so you'd think they'd have an answer for you already...

cmquaker

I've been waiting since April.

Has anybody gotten a final select recently? Maybe there's a backlog with OCS moving to Newport.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Are we talking about the wait between Pro-rec and Final Select or time between turning in your stuff and hearing back whether the board selected you? Are we talking about aviation boards here? Why would the board meet and not look at your package if it was up there? Something doesn't seem right with that.

skim

None
Contributor
Are we talking about the wait between Pro-rec and Final Select or time between turning in your stuff and hearing back whether the board selected you? Are we talking about aviation boards here? Why would the board meet and not look at your package if it was up there? Something doesn't seem right with that.
The time from turning in paperwork to hearing a Pro-rec. It doesnt matter what designation. If you want the details pm me. I am just curious to know if others are waiting a long time to hear a pro-rec without the thread turning into a me-me bitch fest.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
The time from turning in paperwork to hearing a Pro-rec. It doesnt matter what designation. If you want the details pm me. I am just curious to know if others are waiting a long time to hear a pro-rec without the thread turning into a me-me bitch fest.

I submitted my paperwork early March. And heard back about each board about once very month between the 25th and the 4th that I was tabled until I heard June 2nd that I was pro-rec'd SNA.