• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many hours a day should I study for the ASTB?

chromiehomie

I am going into my senior year of mechanical engineering and I am starting the process to get a slot for the SNFO route. My test is in 2 and a half weeks and I’m wondering how much studying I need to get a competitive score.

mmandziak

2.5 weeks and I am assuming you haven't started studying yet? If you have a math and physics background which I assume you do because of your major, I'd say a good 2-3 hours a day to get proficient in ANIT and PBM. My friend @TwoScoops makes an amazing product in the "ASTB Prep App" available on IOS and MacOS. It has been insurmountable in my prepartion for the ASTB.

chromiehomie

If I have any previous experience flying in a flight sim, will it allow me to do good on the PBM? From the videos I’ve seen on YouTube about it, the drone portion looks not that bad and the stick portion looks like it boils down to if you know how to use the stick and throttle. Also, for the ANIT portion, how complex are the definitions that it has you answer. I am using practice materials and test my friend gave me and it either looks not that bad or can be a nightmare. Thank you and I’ll also check out the app.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am going into my senior year of mechanical engineering and I am starting the process to get a slot for the SNFO route. My test is in 2 and a half weeks and I’m wondering how much studying I need to get a competitive score.

Welcome to the forum. Suggest you take the time and check out the ASTB section. You should be able to find your answer and then some.