• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how many of you applied with a age waiver.

submarinerssbn

i am 26 going to be 27 yrs oldin may but submit my application in march or april. i am prior enlisted and know about the age limitations but i also know i am eligible for a waiver until i am 31.

just wondering how many guys prior enlisted applied for sna and got picked up with a waiver for age over 27????

one other question, what are my odds of still being eligable for a fighter slot. it isn't going to count too much against me because of age will it?

i have read about the posts displayed that talk about how you get picked for your designator and how even if you score off the charts that you can still get stuck in somthing you don't want to fly but i was just wondering if age was a limiting factor to a figter slot.

and yes of course i will fly whatever they put me in, with a smile, but as ricky bobby would say, " i wanna go fast".

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
what are my odds of still being eligable for a fighter slot. it isn't going to count too much against me because of age will it?

Nobody cares how old you are when it comes to selection, what matters is how you performed up to that point, period (weighed against needs of the Navy at that instant in time).

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
One of my Det 5 squadron buddies (also COD aircrew) applied for SNA but didn't get in simply because he was 29. He was an awesome candidate too. He was active aircrew, ASTB straight 7's, and he was 3/4 of the way to completing his MBA. The age was the only reason he got rejected. He applied about 7 months before I did.

BourneID

pilot
Im 28 and submited an age waiver for the Flying CWO program, and it was accepted, that stated I believe SNA is waiverable to 29, and SNFO till 31. Someone please correct me on those numbers.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Im 28 and submited an age waiver for the Flying CWO program, and it was accepted, that stated I believe SNA is waiverable to 29, and SNFO till 31. Someone please correct me on those numbers.
Yeah, but you are a CIA trained assassin.