• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much weight do I need to lose?

BarthowKuma

So I'm 23, Male, weight 210 lbs, 5'10 and want to go into the navy to be an officer, how much weight do I need to lose to join?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I'm 23, Male, weight 210 lbs, 5'10 and want to go into the navy to be an officer, how much weight do I need to lose to join?

OP, please google this answer and let us know what you find. Similarly, please take the 5-10 seconds to search the answer before asking others to find it for you.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
For the OP, you will find if you remove sugar, juices, refined carbs, sugar laced soft drinks, and bread from your diet you will lose weight pretty quickly at your age.

The "calories in/out" is a myth, as is "PT more, eat less"

Make meat, seafood, eggs, and full fat dairy the core of your diet - ad a few vegetables, the kind that grow above the ground. Coffee and tea, occasionally diet Coke/Coke Zero. You will be good to go

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
For the OP, you will find if you remove sugar, juices, refined carbs, sugar laced soft drinks, and bread from your diet you will lose weight pretty quickly at your age.

The "calories in/out" is a myth, as is "PT more, eat less"

Make meat, seafood, eggs, and full fat dairy the core of your diet - ad a few vegetables, the kind that grow above the ground. Coffee and tea, occasionally diet Coke/Coke Zero. You will be good to go

Umm... No it's not. See Newton's Law's here... energy is neither created nor destroyed but it is converted (from fat/protein/carbohydrates) to motion/heat/thinking/other caloric burning).

To your Coke/Diet coke thing, I don't think there's a single nutritionist in the US who would recommend those as part of a healthy diet.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Umm... No it's not. See Newton's Law's here... energy is neither created nor destroyed but it is converted (from fat to motion/heat/thinking/caloric burning ).

To your Coke/Diet coke thing, I don't think there's a single nutritionist in the US who would recommend those as part of a healthy diet.
The real danger/bad actors are various "heart healthy" seed oils (canola, corn, soy, vegetable oils, etc) - all very pro-inflammatory.

But in general our carb/sugar rich diet is the core of obesity and ill health IMHO.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The real danger/bad actors are various "heart healthy" seed oils (canola, corn, soy, vegetable oils, etc) - all very pro-inflammatory.

But in general our carb/sugar rich diet is the core of obesity and ill health IMHO.
Sure, but ultimately, you can't beat science in terms of calories in/calories out.

All else being equal: if you have a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. If you have a surplus of calories, you will gain weight.

Our bodies convert the energy into motion and heat which is expelled as CO2 (mostly). Regardless of what you eat, you can gain or lose weight strictly by having a calorie deficit.

As far as Diet Sodas go, I don't think anyone would recommend their ingredients as part of a health-focused diet (regardless of desire for weight loss or gain).

aprilmarikko

drink a LOT of CAFFEINE (no other stimulants, they dont work) and water

30 minutes per day of running. not too fast. then do 10 minutes of burpees/pushups/pullups after. or just do whatever exercise youre used to. but exercise is not really necessary just diet i can lose 2lbs per week sitting in bed eating junk food if im tracking calories properly (have done this)

go out shopping, just go out more in general you will be forced to walk. take the stairs obviously

for diet make sure you eat a lot of fiber, carbs are ok (fruit, vegetables, brown rice or plain oatmeal, white beans, sweet potatoes, leafy greens) but stay away from sugar and fatty foods like cheese, oil, bread, fried food, refined pasta fatty cuts of meat etc. eat a little meat if you want

eat 1 meal per day around 4-6pm. track your calories for a few days to get a baseline but this system will keep you undereating easily especially if you cut way back on meat and fish.

a good snack is popcorn

Last edited: