• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How often are is the E6 available for selection?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't know syllabus specifics. I'll let the current E-6 bubbas comment on that. I will say from the outside looking in as an SNA, it looks like a great deal. Stay in OKC, production tour/career enhancing, you get to fly a lot, you get to learn new things and help make stuff better, etc.

How on earth is that a 'great deal'?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm only an Advanced stud heading the TACAMO route, so my knowledge is all secondhand. This is all from E-6 IPs in Primary. Only 3-4 pilots there. The rest are NFOs. Flights are averaging one 8-10 hour sortie per week. I was also told that there is plenty of time to knock out an MA/MS.

Don't know syllabus specifics. I'll let the current E-6 bubbas comment on that. I will say from the outside looking in as an SNA, it looks like a great deal. Stay in OKC, production tour/career enhancing, you get to fly a lot, you get to learn new things and help make stuff better, etc.

It’s supposed to be a high of 105 in OKC this week. No thanks.

Ozarky

pilot
Lots of people like to shit on OKC from the outside looking in, but the reality is there’s plenty to be happy about here. Yes it’s hot, yes there’s tornadoes, but OKC metro is booming, and the bang for your buck housing wise is infinitely better than Whidbey or any other coastal town. To be clear, I’m not a city guy or downtown type. I live in the country, but the fact that it’s an option to do so and still have a reasonable commute is nice.

Honestly, the biggest detractors to your lifestyle once you get here will be TACAMO specific struggles that you’ll see firsthand when the time comes. If you’re into the outdoors, hunting opportunity abounds. Between being an avid hunter and my family living in a neighboring state, TACAMO was a no brainer for me.

Finally, the 40 acres I bought when I moved here for 80k is pretty nice. ? Tell me where else in Naval Aviation you can be stationed and do that!