• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to become a Navy Pilot?

baker1087

Hey everyone. I had a question about becoming a pilot in the US Navy. The Navy site doesn't give much info on it, if any info. I will be a college graduate in the Spring 2010. I was wondering how do I become a Navy pilot? If anyone could help me out with some info please explain. Thanks to everyone who helps.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Search "OCS" or "Officer Candidate School"
"Navy Officer Recruiter", google
Give him a call, he'll let you know how to get the ball rolling

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Yes, the best thing to do as stated above is to contact your local Navy OFFICER RECRUITER. Since you are nearing degree completion, your commissioning source will be Officer Candidate School (OCS). You will have to take an aptitude test (the ASTB) and your officer recruiter will get you all set up to take that. To find out more about that test, use the search funtion on this website and search "ASTB". After you've talked to an officer recruiter, feel free to come back on here and post more specific questions. But talking to an OR is definitely the first step. And always use the search function before posting questions on here. The chances are that your questions have been asked and answered many times before. Some people on here get really bent out of shape if you don't use the search function. :D

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Step one: watch top gun 4,000,000,000 times

Step two: watch iron eagle once, criticize it, then find ways to incorporate it into every imaginable joke you can.

Step three: watch flight of the intruder and realize that attack pilots are where it's at. Then lament that there is no longer an A-6.. Drool over prowlers for a little while.

Step four: buy a crotch rocket

Step five: buy ray-bans, wear them wherever you go

Step six: you are now ready to google naval aviation, where you will stumble across a forum of wannabees and actual pilots

Step Seven: Drool over HeyJoe's pictures

Step Eight: ask what % get jets, get flamed

Step Nine: Listen to Brett on subjects including women

Step Ten: look for torp to give you actual advice (especially on the subject of PRK), which you will act upon, then talk to an OR, do the ASTB, MEPs, OCS, Primary, Wings, etc.

Step Eleven: Sign MasterBates petition on Aviation Working Greens

This is a fool proof eleven step program to become a Navy Pilot

Note: for Marine Corps wanabees, learn to wear polo's with braided belts and tennis shoes as much as possible.

editor's note: congrats on the first step, asking the questions. And keep in mind this one quote "Live by the gouge, die by the gouge"

Lobster

The navy site does give a fair amount of information including how to get in touch with a recruiter who can answer questions and get the ball rolling...

phrogpilot73

I can see the potential for a dogpile, seeing as how this has been discussed AD NASEUM. If you don't feel like searching - then browse "Paths to a Commission", "Questions about becoming a Navy Officer", "API", "Primary", etc... in that order.

After that, if you have a specific question - you can ask it. Don't ask something that has 42,000 different permutations and expect to get a realistic response.