• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to get in/What requirements

The Fighter66

Hi! I'm 13, ever since I was seven I've wanted to be a fighter pilot (in Air Force not Navy). I'm asking what requirements/how do I get in, are there certain grade requirements? If so what are they? What sort of things should I major in? What stuff do I study and pay more attention to? Could you guys explain in simplest terms? (I live in Canada and want to join the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) but I'm guessing most of you are American, which is fine with me because if anything the USA will be more strict about who joins their military and if i go by those strict rules I will have a better chance at getting in the Canadian military anyway). Sorry if something like this has already been asked.

croakerfish

pilot
At 13 focus on doing well in school (you will need a college degree to be an Air Force officer and therefore a pilot) and playing sports. When you get to 16 or so start figuring out what you need to do to apply to your country’s service academies or what other routes to a commission exist in Canada.
When I was a flight school instructor they told us the most successful students had a strong academic background, extensive experience in team sports, and played video games.

The Fighter66

At 13 focus on doing well in school (you will need a college degree to be an Air Force officer and therefore a pilot) and playing sports. When you get to 16 or so start figuring out what you need to do to apply to your country’s service academies or what other routes to a commission exist in Canada.
When I was a flight school instructor they told us the most successful students had a strong academic background, extensive experience in team sports, and played video games.
Thanks!