• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HSL to HSM Transitions

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Anyone know the current pipelne for HSL-HSM transitions? I see HSL-47 just went over to HSM-77 earlier this month and have heard HSL-40 will turn into HSM-40 in early 2010. Everything else seems pretty scrambled and misguided that I've come across (One site had HSL-43 becoming HSM-73 in February of 2007 for example..)

Cheers!

MH-Z

pilot
Anyone know the current pipelne for HSL-HSM transitions? I see HSL-47 just went over to HSM-77 earlier this month and have heard HSL-40 will turn into HSM-40 in early 2010. Everything else seems pretty scrambled and misguided that I've come across (One site had HSL-43 becoming HSM-73 in February of 2007 for example..)

Cheers!

This thing is changing all the time. Most of the transitions slid to the right depending on their deployment requirements. Heck, we were supposed to get the 60R in the late 90's and look where we are! It'll be a busy couple of years at here at 41 with bringing around all the transition squadrons and training FRP's, but I can tell you it's on the move. :D

g4sinrumbo

Hsl-40

I have a couple of questions in lieu of the on-going consolidation of the various helos platforms into two (60R/S) and the HSL transition to HSM; is HSL-40 currently conducting training on the SH-60B and MH-60R simultaneously or are they only training on the 60R? What will be the expected graduation date for the current FRS class?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
-40 is still Bravo only. They're supposed to get sims "soon," but the ones down at Jax are apparently problematic right now. There are multiple classes in the RAG, so there is no one date for pilots or aircrew.

g4sinrumbo

Hsl-40

Thanks Gatordev!
I’m amazed and grateful for the breadth of information exchanged in this forum as my son is currently going through FRS at Mayport with HSL-40 (enlisted E4-AW)… a couple of additional questions; is the length of FRS defers between the Bravo/Romeo and Sierra platforms ? Once you wing; do you get assigned or you can pick your squadron assignment?
Thank again!