• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I–5 bridge collapse at Burlington, wa

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Both directions of I5 fell into the Skagit river just south of the Burlington Costco. No fatalities as of yet.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
They are interviewing Dan Sligh on the news. He was with his wife in the truck pulling the trailer that went into the river. He's a CMC on base.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I saw the story, pretty incredible. I took that bridge all the time when I was going home or to Seattle when I lived up there.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Drilling equipment on a truck took out the bridge supports? I'll bet Master's to blame.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Who's Master?

For an average San Francisco Bay Area type ...that response is perfect. You should be a "question everything" Leader, not a "company man" follower. JOPA used to be Independent, up to a rational point of course. I never heard back from my PM to you a few weeks ago. Please reach out to me if time permits.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I'm thinking that's the bridge that the State Patrol guy hides behind--- the place I always remember to brake before blowing past the cop.

I'm wondering if the ground is unstable in a few other places than the sinkhole on Whidbey. That village on the Macaw reservation was buried in a mud slide; this could be something geophysical, rather than a trailer taking out an old bridge--I mean, it wasn't that old of a bridge.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'm thinking that's the bridge that the State Patrol guy hides behind--- the place I always remember to brake before blowing past the cop.

I'm wondering if the ground is unstable in a few other places than the sinkhole on Whidbey. That village on the Macaw reservation was buried in a mud slide; this could be something geophysical, rather than a trailer taking out an old bridge--I mean, it wasn't that old of a bridge.
Probably ghosts like the Poltergeist movie...that or the fact the truck that hit it was Canadian, all that extra maple syrup adds mass you know...
Pickle