• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I-10 & 12 After Katrina

snizo

Supply Officer
Not sure this is the right forum, but I'm sure someone here has an idea.

I'm going to be driving to Pensacola from Corpus in a few days, and am just wondering how I-10 is after Katrina. Any damage around New Orleans - or on I-12 for the New Orleans bypass?

Hopefully nothing will be bad with going through the Houston / NE Texas area after Rita, either.

Thanks, ya'll.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
My roommate just drove the I-10/12 route to Pcola 2 weeks ago and said it was fine, a week after Katrina. One lane in parts of Miss. Not sure how the gas situation would be now. I did read they closed I-10 in Lake Charles due to some barges hitting a bridge, but you can call the DOTs for the various states and ask, they'll tell you whats open.

snizo

Supply Officer
Cool.

Didn't think the government would be so technically advanced to have things on their websites, but the DOT.gov website says I-10/12 are fine. I guess the real question is, then, how NE Texas is. But it may be too soon to tell...

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Not sure about the freeway, but gas in the Houston and SE Texas area is the issue, because there is none, and if you can find some you have to wait hours in line to get it. Hopefully in a couple of days it gets better, but I havent heard of the freeways being damaged, just dont plan on stopping anywhere in Texas past Houston because the towns are gone, probably the same for Louisana.

snizo

Supply Officer
This isn't until next weekend, so hopefully by then the gas situation will be OK (or better?).

Thanks for your help, all.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't count on it. It took two weeks to get it somewhat stable here in Pensacola, and we didn't even get much damage from Katrina. During Dennis, it was a bigger deal because all the pumps blew over.

So for TX/LA, I imagine they won't have a) gas, b) cities, c) pumps in said cities for a bit. Hope I'm wrong though.