• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I am sure you get this all the time...

Djustd

Sorry I am sure you all have read something like this a million times but I havn't and I really need to know...

Im thinking of joining the Navy and want to fly Jets (like just about everyone else) but I want to know my chances of getting Jets. I am finishing my first BFA degree now in Graphic Design (I know I know) and then I am going to go for a second degree in Aviation. I will finish with both in the next four years at which time I will be 26 going on 27. I am very good at math and physics and am not worried much about the ASTB exams. I am also in great physical condition and will have the next four years to continue training but I do have an issue with my eye sight (not surprising this one would come up again) I have an astigmatism of -.75 and perscription -.75 left eye and -1.00 right eye. I know I meet the requirements 20/40 and I wear soft contacts that are correctable 20/20 but I want to know how many go into training hoping for jets with the same eyesight and age group and actually get jets. I wouldnt mind flying helicopters but it has been a dream to fly jets.

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if you are annoyed with these types of questions. I just want to find out what my REAL chances are and in what areas I need to improve on, test scores I need to get etc., in order to become a Jet Pilot.

Thanks