• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I could use some advice

radar

Hey guys, this is my first time on the site and I am so glad that I have found it. I graduated from college this past May and I am going to apply for a commission in the Navy and I really would like a pilot slot. I took the ASTB once but I had no time to prepare or study for it because my recruiter told me just to run up their and take a quick test. I scored a 51 overall with my subscores being all 5s. I have been studying a lot since then and plan to retake the test the first of july after my month waiting period. I had a 3.8 GPA in college and I am in excellent physical health. If I can get my scores up how likely is it that I might be able to get a pilot slot? I know I am a little late in applying and also I saw a psychologist 3 yrs ago in about a month period and he said my anxiety was no more than most and I really didnt need to see them. Later I learned all I needed was to move out from my parents house and that was the cause of my social anxiety b/c they were so strict. Anyway that was three years ago and I have no problems at all with that now but how bad is that going to make me look on the application? Also, do you agree with me that I should retest (I strongly belive after reviewing the study guide material that I can increase my scores alot) Also, I heard it might be better to wait until Oct. to submit my application when the new year begins b/c more spots would be available..is this a good idea? Any advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Study up and retake the test. As far as your psych issues go, I would talk to your recruiter. I dont recall seeing it asked on the application or epsq, but the meps form asks I believe. Im not sure if waiting till october will make a difference. From how I understand it, the Navy seems to plan years in advance, not for just the next year and so forth. Talk to your recruiter about the psych issues, re-take, get your packet in. Good luck.