• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I got published!!!! Naval Aviation News...

When I got to class today the CO had the Sept-Oct Naval Aviation News sitting in front of my seat...he asked me if I had seen it yet...I said, "No, Sir."

Then he told me to turn to page 26...and what do ya know...there on pages 26 and 27 was one of the photos I had taken of one of VFA-2's Super Hornets during a flight we took while on my Midshipman Aviation cruise this past June!

I was floored and couldn't believe it. I had no idea anything like that would happen and thought the end of those photos was FLYNAVY posting them on the navy.mil website.

So thanks to FLYNAVY for putting some of my pics on the website and ultimately being used by Naval Aviation News!

Just thought I'd share with you all my excitement.

Cheers,

John :icon_smil

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not so happy about my pic being on the back cover of the August one... they had so much better ones to choose from!

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
kmac said:
I'm not so happy about my pic being on the back cover of the August one... they had so much better ones to choose from!

Were you in the left seat with your mouth open? :icon_smil NO worries...still a good pic!!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I must be missing something. The picture that I see is that of some girl sitting with her laptop on the pier.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
I must be missing something. The picture that I see is that of some girl sitting with her laptop on the pier.

my bad....the picture I was looking at was a C-2 cockpit pic....on the back of 2004 Naval Aviation Year in Review.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool. Did you get a patch or anything?

I submitted a BTDT article on a near mid-air to Approach and got a patch for my Winnebago "Approach Magazine Contributor."

Of course that was '90.

r/
G

Schnuggapup said:
Cool. Did you get a patch or anything?

I submitted a BTDT article on a near mid-air to Approach and got a patch for my Winnebago "Approach Magazine Contributor."

Of course that was '90.

r/
G

Hmm...no patch...didn't even know they were going to use my photo. They were only put up on navy.mil and I thought it would end with the ebay auction I saw for them (silly guy selling 8x10's of a couple of my better ones)...but now this. I just emailed them and asked if i could get a couple extra copies for the rents...not everyday a middie gets into Naval Aviation News!

~jai5w4 :icon_smil