• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I have been having trouble getting in touch with my recruiter

Wambo

I have been trying to get a commission into the Navy since February of 2009. I scored a 5 6 6 50 on the ASTB (not great, but decent). I have completed my OCS package, my background and medical records have been checked, and the next step is the physical. Everything that can be done on my end has been done. I have been sending emails and leaving voice messages with my recruiter, but haven't had a response in over a month. Are things typically slower this time of the year? Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
How far do you live from your OR or your local NRD? I would say go in and ask to talk to someone face to face, especially if you have all that stuff already done. Even if you have to drive 2 hours to get there, make the trip. I started with my OR last year in Feb 2009 and am heading to OCS in 3 weeks. Just be persistent and try to get some face to face time if you can.....

navy09

None
Have you thought about retaking the ASTB? Improving your score would help you twofold; you'd probably get more attention from your OR and, more importantly, you'd increase your chances at the board.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have been trying to get a commission into the Navy since February of 2009. I scored a 5 6 6 50 on the ASTB (not great, but decent). I have completed my OCS package, my background and medical records have been checked, and the next step is the physical. Everything that can be done on my end has been done. I have been sending emails and leaving voice messages with my recruiter, but haven't had a response in over a month. Are things typically slower this time of the year? Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
Probably time to start making phone calls and sending emails to someone else there. If you don't have a competitive package, someone needs to tell you that.

Wambo

I live about 2 hours away. Plus, I can't even get in touch with them to set up a face to face meeting. I literally leave messages on a daily basis. I am getting absolutely no responses. The part I don't understand is that last time I talked to them I was told that I have a very competitive package.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't this guy have a secretary or an enlisted guy working for him?

Otherwise suck it up and drive there unannounced. There's a chance he won't be there - but I used to just drop in on my recruiter all the time rather than call (I hate the phone). If nothing else I'd chat with whoever else was in the office. Of course mine was 5 minutes away from my college campus - but what the hell....

kidday03

You definitely need to just drive there and see what is going on. My recruiter was like that at first, but I forced him to know how serious I was. I did all the research of what was needed and emailed it all to him ahead of time. I took the OAR and got a 49, but I knew that I was competetive so I made him realize that. If you really want this you need to show up unannounced, most likely there will be processors or other people there that can help you. This is your career and life and if you really want it make sure that they understand that.