• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need 2 Active Duty Aviators to Reply for a Project if possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Lethalz

Thanks for Viewing i am doing a Military project for a college study class and i need 2 aviators (Navy, Marine, Army) to reply and answer all questions truthfully (language does not matter, please state your opinion on your aviation career) Thanks for the help guys........Also Active Duty Personnel would need to post your name and rank, your job title, the branch of service, and where your stationed (you will not be contacted in anyway it is just to show proof that an active duty personnel answered the questions and to show i did not bullshit the project.)

-How do you feel about leaving your family for long periods

-how did you prepare yourself?

-was there any 'sensitivity' training done by the government to have you try to acclimate yourself to the tour?

-did you read/learn (courses, subjects, languages) to have things less difficult for you?

-what are some diffulculties you had to deal with during your first tour (give as many as your can)?

-what are major similarities ((give as many as your can) of the your life back home?

- what are you final impressions of your tour?

-would you go again?

-what would you say to current high school/ college students thinking about serving in the army?

-Enjoyment in the military

-What changes would they like to see in the military. (if there are Any)

-Is there any achievement you want to gain

-Length of service

P3 F0

None
was there any 'sensitivity' training done by the government to have you try to acclimate yourself to the tour?
This is some of the funniest shit I've read in a while.

magnetfreezer

Also Active Duty Personnel would need to post your name and rank, your job title, the branch of service, and where your stationed

Sorry, most people here will be a little wary of posting that kind of stuff on the internet, especially after their 'sensitivity' training in Warner Springs, Maine, Fairchild, or Ft. Rucker.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
While I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're actually doing a college project paper (or whatever it happens to be) you're probably going to have a hard time getting guys to answer any of these questions by randomly throwing your questions out into the internet.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If by sensitivity training, you mean

"Hey dude, that fucking SUCKED! Unfuck yourself or you're going to down this flight"

or

"So how did that pattern feel".... "it felt a bit tight, sir"... "Yeah, but not as tight as your SISTER!"

or

"Sorry dude, I opened the canopy cuz I just farted back here... and it's RANK"

or

"Get on knee-balls! Stare up at allah! I will chop you in throat-ball and you will choke on your own blood!"

Then.... yeah.

Mos

None
To the OP: there are certain legal and ethical obligations that researchers should be aware of and must follow when interviewing subjects. These include procedures for protecting the confidentiality of subjects. Even if it were about something trivial, such as what most AD personnel's favorite color is, confidentiality is technically still an issue.

Personally, I don't recommend this forum as your source for getting what you're looking for. You can learn a lot about military that have been deployed by browsing this site, but if you want actual interviews and names as proof, you really should seek out such personnel at a military installation, talk with them by phone or in person and be able to assure them that you are taking measures to protect their privacy. Also understand that they may deny certain information in the interest of security. Your prof should know at least a little bit about these issues and can probably help you.

Perhaps you can tell us what city you live in, and if someone here is stationed near you, then they can PM you and help you out.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
KLethalz, I noticed you live in San Diego... last time I checked there are at least one or two sailors and Marines walking around San Diego.
If you are serious about doing research, then get off you computer and talk to people. You will find out more for interviewing a live person that asking some generic questions on the internet.

I don't know what college you are at, but I know that UCSD, USD and SDSU all have NROTC units (USD/UCSD share a unit). Go over to the Naval Science office and speak to them, they'll have officers who just came off sea duty who you can speak to. They'll also have students who are about to be commissioned, so you can get thier perspective as well.

Cleonard19

Contributor
You could also try calling NAS North Island, and talking to the PAO (Public Affairs Officer) about your project and see if he can't help you set up an interview.

JTD

If by sensitivity training, you mean

"Hey dude, that fucking SUCKED! Unfuck yourself or you're going to down this flight"

or

"So how did that pattern feel".... "it felt a bit tight, sir"... "Yeah, but not as tight as your SISTER!"

or

"Sorry dude, I opened the canopy cuz I just farted back here... and it's RANK"

or

"Get on knee-balls! Stare up at allah! I will chop you in throat-ball and you will choke on your own blood!"

Then.... yeah.

You've been through so much, yet you still keep pressing on. You truly are an inspiration.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OP: the point is, we're kind of leery of new people popping up here and asking for personal info for "research". Even if it's innocuous info, it can still potentially be social engineering and it's not kosher. If you're legit, you're doing it wrong. There are better, more efficient, and more acceptable ways to do what you say you're doing. If not, kindly move along.

Mods, could we close this one out?

K.Lethalz

I understand where all of you are coming from...i am unaware of things that go on and i was just looking for an easy way out...however i got everything i needed...contacted some friends of mine who where able to get some interviews set up and its all taken care of......Thanks anyways, Later

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot

Thanks for making me fall to the ground in the fetal postion... I thought I was good at repressing all those memories! "Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again...THERE'S NO DISCHARGE IN THE WAR!"

Status
Not open for further replies.