• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need a new hat

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I need a new combo cover. I've gone to the exchange and they have the ones with the CNT cover, but those get dirty really easy. For my entire career, I've had a Bancroft "plasticy" cover instead of the CNT one and it still looks great. I've just learned that Bancroft is no more, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of another manufacturer that sells them with the optional "synthetic" cover.

I really don't want to have to pull off the one I have because I'm not sure I have the skills to put it on the frame of a new cover, but I'm aware that's an option.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I need a new combo cover. I've gone to the exchange and they have the ones with the CNT cover, but those get dirty really easy. For my entire career, I've had a Bancroft "plasticy" cover instead of the CNT one and it still looks great. I've just learned that Bancroft is no more, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of another manufacturer that sells them with the optional "synthetic" cover.

I really don't want to have to pull off the one I have because I'm not sure I have the skills to put it on the frame of a new cover, but I'm aware that's an option.

Honey, you need a big hat like mine...

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None

It's easy, loosen the metal band and pull the back of it down through the frame. Pull the cover off and repeat in reverse to get it on the new frame. Once the metal band is back up inside the top cover, tighten it up and lock it down.

One of the best things I learned 17 years ago from my class CPO.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks. Guess I'll start on the old one to make sure I'm not completely inept before buying the new frame.