• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If I am in school, how soon before I complete my degree should I apply?

H. Rabb

I just finished up my undergrad and am starting a two-year masters in the fall, and while I have always wanted to join the Navy, my sense is that I could do a better job with more education. In other words, I would rather not complete my degree on the government's dime.

If accepted to OCS, will the Navy let me finish out my program?

In other words, when is the earliest I can apply so that I can finish the program and then go into the service?

I apologize in advance if this topic is covered elsewhere.

exNavyOffRec

There is nothing saying that having a graduate degree will help you do your job better, I have known many that had graduate degrees how were not that good.

If you want to be an officer look at applying, you also need to see if you are even qualified in regards to age, GPA, etc....

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just finished up my undergrad and am starting a two-year masters in the fall, and while I have always wanted to join the Navy, my sense is that I could do a better job with more education. In other words, I would rather not complete my degree on the government's dime.

If accepted to OCS, will the Navy let me finish out my program?

In other words, when is the earliest I can apply so that I can finish the program and then go into the service?

I apologize in advance if this topic is covered elsewhere.

Call your officer recruiter to set up a meeting to talk more. He or she can field any specific questions and circumstances you might have.