• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If you accidentally bomb someone....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadsword2004

Well, take this guy for example:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/07/19/friendlyfire040719.html

I am just wondering, since people in here are real pilots, if such a thing can happen (i.e. you bomb a friendly target but purely by accident, but go up in flames regardless), or if this guy was just acting irresponsibly in his actions?

When I say "purely by accident" I mean you do all the checking to make sure that it is the enemy you are attacking before you attack, but you attack and find out it wasn't the enemy after all, regardless of your checking....so you bombed the friendly target by accident, but the court sees it the other way and you lose your wings, etc....I just mean could what that guy have done really been the above case, and sometimes that stuff just happens regardless to pilots, or would he have had to have been irresponsible in his actions about responding to fire?

Broadsword2004

Hmmm, in checking further, it says he supposedly did not check to see if he was bombing the enemy, and didn't obey the air controllers' orders to wait while they processed the information.....I am guessing then that if they gave him the go-ahead and he bombed the Canadians, he would be okay because he was given permission??

Sorry if this was a stupid question since I think maybe I answered it, not sure, but you know me with questions; if that is the case though, one wodners why he didn't obey the orders and risk losing his wings.

IM sorry to disrupt this thread but can somebody please explain to me how to start a new one. I am new to this website and have no idea how to use it. I am trying to find out some information on this Fighter Pilots Manual that is advertised on this site for sale. Has anyone seen this book and is it worth 90.00 bucks. Thanks.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
There was a whole topic on the subject.

I think the guy who wrote that book posts on here sometimes, maybe you could find him and send him a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.