• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If you're looking for a reason

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
People occasionally post questions in this sub-forum wondering why they should join the military, if they have the right motivation and whatnot.

I'd never read the following until my boss sent it out to our team today. I think it's a great read and very, very poignant.

which are you?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cliche alert.

I'm as conservative as the next guy, but if I hear one more internet tough guy on a gun forum wanking about being a "sheepdog" because he has a CCW, I'm stealing squeeze's Internet face-stabbing device and converting it to a ball-kicking device. I get the idea behind the essay and agree with it somewhat, but it's been around long enough to become a form of mental masturbation for a subset of the gun-owning public.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I don't think it's about gun rights, that's not how i read it. I think he's using it as an example - and I think he's got a point. Roger, the book has been around for a while, but I hadn't read it (or an excerpt from it) until today.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Its a great book. If you know anyone who has been in combat or will be (yourself included) it is a great insight with lots of research behind it.

Sounds like you spend too much time on bad internet gun forums.