• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS in PCOLA

bubba716

I am fixing to head to OCS next week and am just thinking ahead. I am hoping to go to TBS in Jan. ( i graduate in Dec.) anyone know if it is at all possible for me to do IFS in PCOLA instead of Quantico, after I graduated TBS? Thanks for the help.

Crowbar

None
There are people (SNAs and SNFOs) who have done IFS in both locations. I'm hearing from people at TBS now that it's pretty much the same-some get to stay in lovely Quan-TEE-co while others come down here right away. Definitely something that your company will have to answer for you.

I was a December grad and I made it known about six months in advance that I wanted to start TBS in January. It worked out for me, so as soon as you finish OCS start talking to your OSO. With you being PLC it may not happen but if your OSO knows your wishes you stand a better chance of getting what you want.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
For Fox company, they did not let anyone do IFS outside of Quantico/Manassas. Many tried, all were rejected. I think it depends on your company as well as the state of things in Pensacola. That aside, the programs up in VA are pretty solid, and its only 1-2 months.

[edit] They (the powers that be) told us initially that there would be a limited number of IFS slots in P'Cola. This wound up being false, and we all went to either Quantico, Manassas Aviation, or Dulles Aviation. The latter two are about 40 minutes from Quantico... a pain in the ass, but one made slightly better by carpooling.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
The single Marines get attatched to Mike company and live at Graves Hall. Married Marines do whatever the hell it is that they do.

IflewSOLO(W)

im about to go to college and go through NROTC and im wondering is there anything that help me into becomming a Naval Aviator.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
IflewSOLO(W) said:
im about to go to college and go through NROTC and im wondering is there anything that help me into becomming a Naval Aviator.
Check out the forum for a few days and try to narrow down your question. There are people here happy to help, but that question makes it difficult...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I did IFS before I picked up with Alpha. The state of affairs now is that only a few guys are doing IFS in the Quantico area. A majority are doing it in Pcola, a few others are doing it in Atlanta and some in Ohio. Its fair to say that it will change with every company, and as scotty said, it all depends on how things are down in Pcola and here in Quantico. Like everything around Camp Barrett, you probably wont know until a few weeks before its going to happen.