• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Start Dates

NapalmRat

I graduate TBS oct 11. Does anyone know when I'd start IFS? Or what the IFS start dates are for the next few months? Is it just a skate school for 2 months?
Thx

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I'd imagine you'd start sometime shortly after graduation. Your company should set up all the air contracts with the civilian who coordinates IFS. His name escapes me now. We all met with him in the green carpet area and he assigned IFS locations, I think there were three. They all started at about the same time. If you don't hear anything in a few weeks, start rattling cages.

Paul

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
If you have the chance, gut it up and stay in Quantico. I'm slated to wait 6 months for IFS here in Pcola......at least I have a good stash job.

NapalmRat

well they told me i'd be doing it here in quantico already. but it just seems like they're feeding bits and pieces instead of telling us the whole deal. if i know where i'm doing it, shouldn't they know when courses start and such?

Cordespc

None
Contributor
well they told me i'd be doing it here in quantico already. but it just seems like they're feeding bits and pieces instead of telling us the whole deal. if i know where i'm doing it, shouldn't they know when courses start and such?

This should closely mirror your TBS experience....would you expect anything else?

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Not sure if it's still an option but, if you have familiy in the area try and do it out of the Naval Academy. Thats what I did, and only had to go to the Academy twice, once to check in for IFS once to check out to come down here. I had to muster with someone once a day while in IFS, over the phone. It was a good deal, don't have to deal with living in the Q and dealing with being at TBS.

NapalmRat

so would most ppl try to do ifs in quantico vs. pcola?
Is pcola IFS run by military ppl vice the civilians that run it up here? i.e. making it more strict and run more by the numbers?

tiger84

LT
pilot
Is pcola IFS run by military ppl vice the civilians that run it up here? i.e. making it more strict and run more by the numbers?

No. IFS down here is at one of five civvy flight schools. The wait time to class up is also pretty long right now.

ItsTurboTime

PM me if you need contact info for Quantico IFS people or the civilian in charge of us at the Aviation Training Branch at Quantico. I'm currently going through IFS. Was scheduled for TBS Fox company, got rolled back with the rest of the Fox air contracts to do IFS first, now scheduled for Alpha.

To somewhat answer your question: I can't imagine you'd wait long before starting if you do it here. The decision to send us there instead of Fox was apparently a last minute one; the aviation schools had about 2 days notice that we were coming. They finally have us getting physicals tomorrow morning, and hopefully I'll be flying for the first time tomorrow afternoon.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

Word has it you have to go to IFS in Charlies in Pensacola. And the wait is mucho long.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Word has it you have to go to IFS in Charlies in Pensacola. And the wait is mucho long.

Wait long yes, in chucks not so much. You wear them to check into MATSG-21 and while in first 4 weeks of API. Who ever told you that was playing major head games.