• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imitation . . . the sincerest form of flattery?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060705/wl_mideast_afp/afplifestylemideast
RAFAH, Gaza Strip (AFP) - Wearing a green Hamas headband, waving a Hamas flag, swinging a Kalashnikov and chanting for Israel's demise, Bassem Shorah looks to be a prototypical Palestinian militant.

His olive green shirt, however, tells a different story. It's a spot-on replica of those worn by soldiers in the United States Army, replete with combat patches and unit designations. Though he's a committed Islamist activist in a movement that denounces the United States for supporting Israel and occupying Iraq, Shorah proudly sports what has become the latest trend in Palestinian street wear: US military apparel.
One of the more bizarre stories I've read recently.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
I think it is the same mentality many hippies take, they wear military jackets, blouses, etc. just to piss us off.

BigRed389

None
I read an article that they figure if they wear US gear they'll fight better, just like US troops.

Strange logic, but terrorists were never accused of being logical.

Maybe they'll start wearing T-shirts with SEAL tridents and Oakleys next.

baryon

Time to sell "I eem a stupeed mofo" instead of "US Army" military garb. They can't tell the difference.

LoneSailor

Hassan says he is a Hamas loyalist who hangs propaganda posters for the organization in his free time. Today, however, he's shopping for his wife: pink camouflage pants with a US Air Force logo on the front pocket.

:) :) :) :) :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wanted to see how long it took someone to catch that . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read an article that they figure if they wear US gear they'll fight better, just like US troops.

Strange logic, but terrorists were never accused of being logical.

Maybe they'll start wearing T-shirts with SEAL tridents and Oakleys next.

Better than some African rebels who thnik that voodoo will help turn the bullets into water :confused:. A buddy of mine sat next to an African analyst at work who was trying to figure out a way to fit 'General Buck-Naked' into his report. Apparently this rebel leader thought that if he fought in the buff he was protected against bullets :eek:.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Better than some African rebels who thnik that voodoo will help turn the bullets into water :confused:. A buddy of mine sat next to an African analyst at work who was trying to figure out a way to fit 'General Buck-Naked' into his report. Apparently this rebel leader thought that if he fought in the buff he was protected against bullets :eek:.

Some of those primitive cultures are so backwards. Everybody knows that the universe is controlled by an invisible bearded man who lives in the sky that frowns upon pre-marital sex, profanity, and the use of contraceptives.

Brett

BigRed389

None

Well you gotta aim if you wanna hit something, and to aim you gotta LOOK. :D

pdx

HSM Pilot
Well you gotta aim if you wanna hit something, and to aim you gotta LOOK. :D

Are you serious? Opening your damn eyes and seeing some dudes schlong is not going to blind you.

If I had the chance, I'd look, aim, shoot, and kill. Maybe that makes me a little queer.

BigRed389

None
Are you serious? Opening your damn eyes and seeing some dudes schlong is not going to blind you.

If I had the chance, I'd look, aim, shoot, and kill. Maybe that makes me a little queer.

No I'm not serious. Hence the: :D A bad joke, if you will.

Hell, NOTHING I say should be taken seriously.