• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

immediate decision

chrisco133

hey i just did my interview and i think i did ok. i thought the application process was done but then my contact called me and said i was eligible for the immediate decision process and will have an additional interview. my question is how does this process work and what will the interview process be like? will it be the same as my last one? (i thought immediate decision wasnt available this year)

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
hey i just did my interview and i think i did ok. i thought the application process was done but then my contact called me and said i was eligible for the immediate decision process and will have an additional interview. my question is how does this process work and what will the interview process be like? will it be the same as my last one? (i thought immediate decision wasnt available this year)

OH OH, I'LL TAKE THIS ONE!!!!

That is exactly how I picked up my scholarship. Went in and smoked the first interview and then got invited back to interview for the ID Scholarship. When I went in the second time, it was with the CO of the Recruiting District (Chicago). My opinion, they ask similar questions. But there is added pressure of being in front of the CO. My experience was awesome, I wanted to be an Aviator and the CO was a P-3 pilot. We talked about my high school experiences, why I wanted to be an Officer etc. Then we ended up just talking about how great the Navy is etc. I suppose it all depends on the CO. Just make sure you look professional when you go in this time, because if it works out you will literally sign for your scholarship there! Great deal and congrats, not many of those scholarships out there!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
OH OH, I'LL TAKE THIS ONE!!!!

That is exactly how I picked up my scholarship. Went in and smoked the first interview and then got invited back to interview for the ID Scholarship. When I went in the second time, it was with the CO of the Recruiting District (Chicago). My opinion, they ask similar questions. But there is added pressure of being in front of the CO. My experience was awesome, I wanted to be an Aviator and the CO was a P-3 pilot. We talked about my high school experiences, why I wanted to be an Officer etc. Then we ended up just talking about how great the Navy is etc. I suppose it all depends on the CO. Just make sure you look professional when you go in this time, because if it works out you will literally sign for your scholarship there! Great deal and congrats, not many of those scholarships out there!

Second this. I picked up my scholarship in the same way. The CO of SE Recruiting interviewed me before he left to be a replacement air boss in the gulf. If they seem to be running late, make sure to give them a call. Mine wanted to see if I would take the initative and call when he hadn't called me. He told me that if I hadn't called there would have been no scholarship. This is the best way to get the scholarship because by the time you talk to the CO it is basically yours to lose. Good luck!

chrisco133

well it didnt work out after all. my contact called me yesterday and said the officer could only pick 2 kids out of 5 for immediate decision (a little detail he forgot to mention) and i wasnt chosen. so i guess im just going through the regular review board. oh well

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
That is probably the case. If your package was strong enough to warrant an ID consideration, I'm sure you'll do fine. Best of luck.