• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'mmmm Back...F-14B Diamondback in-flight getting some gas...

Citation3

Good evening gentlemen...I hope my post finds you well and flying safe.

I just wanted to share my most recent and possibly best build to date. I thought you all could use a little change of pace around here.

After doing two Super Hornets in-flight I began to imagine how imposing the Tomcat would look in-flight with it's huge wings spread open and loaded up to do some damage. Well, here is the result of that vision. I really like the look of the water and cloud deck so I choose to use it again. Also, I really like the look of a jet plugged into a refueling basket because it's such a detail rich area. I really think this display captures the majestic presence of the Tomcat.

The refined refueling basket was built from 49 individual pieces. This was my second attempt at building a basket. It is much improved over my first. The hose was detailed by adding the red stripe and the metal couplings were painted directly on the hose using Alclad paint. The refueling probe was replaced with coat hanger wire for strength.

Finally, to LCDR W L Ewald..if your out there. You callsign decal (Waldo) got butchered. You are now Trigger. I hope you like it.

Anyway, here are the results. I hope you enjoy it and I welcome any comments or critiques.

DSC_1339.jpg

DSC_1376.jpg

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1370.jpg

DSC_1406.jpg

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1345.jpg

DSC_1358.jpg

DSC_1390-1.jpg

DSC_1408.jpg

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
I miss those birds! Thanks once again for sharing the results of your talents. Great job!!

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Another great job there. LCDR Ewald is now CDR Ewald. Just finished up his CO tour. I'm pretty sure he would like the art work as well.

yak52driver

Contributor
Tried the link but a notice said because of spammers only registered users could view contents for the time being.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Beautiful reproduction with facinating detail. Not sure on which you based the dates for the patch, but the OEF cruise was from Sept01 - Mar02.

Citation3

Beautiful reproduction with facinating detail. Not sure on which you based the dates for the patch, but the OEF cruise was from Sept01 - Mar02.

Man...one day I'll get everything right. The dates were taken from the decal sheet which are usually fairly accurate and my research at globalsecurity...This is what I was looking at. I was assuming 102 didn't enter OEF until October. I'm thinking the decal producer extended the OEF date to when 102 was certified in the Super Hornet.

From Globalsecurity...

"In mid-September of 2001, the VF-102 Diamondbacks departed NAS Oceana for the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean. In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks upon the United States, VF-102 began its scheduled deployment as a part of Operation Infinite Justice. The USS Theodore Roosevelt arrived on station in the Arabian Sea in mid-October and Fighting 102 began combat operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. "

Thanks for the input. I have time to correct it before the show.