• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

incite please on applying for commision for pilot/nfo?

dlynes

I know I cannot find out my chances on earning a slot for pilot or nfo until I apply but does anyone have any incite for the new fiscal year for applicants? Perhaps any inside information on how many openings might be available.

Also, I know the level of competition changes every selection board to selection board based on the applications submitted but does anyone think the bar is set higher for the first month of the new yr? Are chances better or same if my application gets submitted by Oct vs a later month?

I know apply apply apply but I think I may be better off studying more and working out more and waiting to apply then to rush and get my application/package done for Oct.

Any help or suggestions will greatly be appreciated!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

~dlynes

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
in·cite [in-sahyt]

–verb (used with object), -cit·ed, -cit·ing. 1. to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

in·sight [in-sahyt]

–noun 1. an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, esp. through intuitive understanding: an insight into 18th-century life.

Suggest: use the proper words when completing your application......

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think anyone here could give you an idea of the odds for this particular year. I'd just assume that given the current job market, it will probably be very competitive. I also don't think there is any reason that the first month of the fiscal year would necessarily be any more competitive than any other month. Honestly, waiting is up to you, I don't think you'll get an "edge" by applying in any particular month.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Suggest: use the proper words when completing your application......

Suggest: Put in extra work on spelling, punctuation, & capitalizing. Have your package proof-read for accuracy prior to submission. Minor errors such as these, absolutely turn off a selection board.:watching3
BzB

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Don't worry about what other people are doing. Make your application as strong as you can. Everything else (numbers, other people, the board's criteria) is out of your control. Why worry about it?

Let's say there's only 1 slot available all next year and you decide that you're not strong enough to get selected. If you don't submit what you've got, can you guess what the result will be?