• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indian Country?

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
While I realize things have changed big time over the past few years, I was wondering if any Air Wings still do the "Indian Country" thing on cruise? Reading an earlier thread about the S-3 bubbas and their not wearing O2 masks took me back to a very funny "incident" off Mogadishu in 1993 while flying from Abe Lincoln.

Air Wing had an establish "Indian Country" 30 miles north of the boat (5 mile x 5 mile box) where anyone was fair game. Long story, short: S-3 announces "MiG alert" call, all ongoing fights immediately stop, and EVERYONE in Indian Country goes after the War Hoov! Happen to grab some great HUD video of my gunsight clearly over the cockpit of the Hoov with 4 helmets (minus O2 masks) looking up at the daisy chain of aircraft waiting to feast! Hell, even the Prowler got into the act!

At any rate, hope that kinda stuff is still going on.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Hey, which squadron in CAG-11 were you in?

I did the 1993 and 1995 cruises on the "Babe-raham" in VA-95. I remember the Hornets trying to jump us in Indian Country and then they trying to beg some opportunity gas if we had a buddy store. Those guys had no shame. Still, good times and Perth was fun.

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
Hey Meat-

VFA-94 Mighty Shrikes....small world. BTW, I was probably one of the poor saps begging for gas.

Mousse Clark

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Small world indeed.

Of course, when you short a division of Hornets 200 lbs each , you end up with 800 lbs to go rage. LOL. Not that I would ever do that.

So, from your location, I presume you are doing the reserve Hornet gig out of Fort Worth. Nice to see more fleet bubbas on the board.