• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information & Q's

FutureFlyer72

Well Im a sophmore in high school. My dream is to fly jets for either the Air Force or Navy. I am shooting for either Academy as my way to flight school. This will happen there are no questions in my mind. I will do this. But I am young still and want some info about the Academy's. I've look through the sites quite a few times. So I guess Im coming to you guys asking for your help on maybe giving me some info. that other people cant. I understand this is mostly a NAVY site so if you have no information about the USAFA then thats fine. I just want some advice about what to think about, and where to start. Thanks in advance.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before everyone jumps all over you, welcome to the site!! Now please, use the search function. There were two threads just like this last week, so you're not the first person to ask these questions and compare USAFA and USNA.

It's also good to see that you're confident about your chances to get into the Academies, but I wouldn't assume anything, given that the Academies are extremely competitive, and admission is not guaranteed.

As far as jets are concerned, don't look too far ahead. First, get accepted to the Academy, then do well/graduate, then worry about flight school. It's way too far down the road to think about now.

Finally, please work on your grammar/punctuation. It'll help in the future.

If you still have specific questions after you search around this site, then feel free to come back and ask.