• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Injured USAF F-15 Pilot suing Boeing

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Wow, this will be an interesting one to follow.

Last I check statute of limitations for aircraft manufacturers was 19 years. Don't know if that even applies in this case.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot

Last I check statute of limitations for aircraft manufacturers was 19 years. Don't know if that even applies in this case.

Thought that was part of the effort to revitalize GA a few decades back and applied only to GA manufacturers but I'm not sure.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In all fairness, there is a LOT more manufacturer support for military aircraft than in GA. Manufacturers often have Fleet Support Teams (FST) working closely with squadron maintenance. That could easily be seen as supporting the product well beyond the date of sale/warranty runs out.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

It will be fascinating to watch. He's going after Boeing because military can refuse to respond to a suit so that's his only viable option. If he's lucky, they'll settle out of court to avoid press, but unless his lawyers have incontrovertible evidence, that won't happen. Boeing will roll out their top shelf legal team to fight this one like they have for over a decade on A-12 dispute. It would set a precedent in case of F-15 and they don't want to go there.

East

东部
Contributor
Interesting read

Especially the name of the manufacturer: "McDonald"-Douglas?

Is there also a McDonell's Hamburger Restaurant?
:D

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
^ In Queens? yeah I heard Prince Akeem of Zamunda used to frequent that joint... good burgers, but 15 mins later he was always in need of "WIPERS" (CLAP CLAP)!!!