• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Inspections at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usanavypilot

Does anyone know if there are graded inspections? If I can remember correctly, I heard that there are rifle inspections, are there also knowledge inspections and uniform inspections? Also, if you fail one are you out? Just curious. Thanks!

GTodd

Well I am starting to give away to much info, but I will say that yes it is graded but I never saw anyone get home for just a bad inspection.

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
I don't think it is a secret...there is a big inspection every saturday...you want to pass these as they control who gets to go on liberty and whatnot. Don't plan on sleeping friday nights, and get used to the POA. Guys who've been there know what I mean - don't lock your knees! If you get an unsat, life sucks that weekend, but you live. Do your best and hope for the best.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by SemperFitz
I don't think it is a secret...there is a big inspection every saturday...you want to pass these as they control who gets to go on liberty and whatnot. Don't plan on sleeping friday nights, and get used to the POA. Guys who've been there know what I mean - don't lock your knees! If you get an unsat, life sucks that weekend, but you live. Do your best and hope for the best.

What's POA? Is inspection held in the squad bay? Is everything (rack, foot locker, wall locker, etc) inspected? thanks.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Position of Attention, you'll get to know it well! We had inspection inside and out.

Crowbar

None
One bad inspection won't get you booted, but you should prepare for each one like it would. Just my opinion.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Well I know of one time where a guy got kicked out for a bad inspection, but that was mostly due to the fact that his M16A2 was rusted shut! He thought that he need to put CLP only on the outside after a dip in the Quigley. Needless to say after being told that he could get NJP he DOR.

"We don't do that here in India 2"- SI SSGT James

perotti17

If you fail a Seargent Instructor inspection, it is natural. In my first inspection, I failed because I had rust in the butstock of my rifle. This was a common theme. They want to send a message that your rifle must be IMACULATE. If your rifle is good to go, then they will ignore other aspects.

Also, I passed an inspection with the SI's simply because I did not laugh while one of the SIs was ripping on another candidate next to me. Meanwhile, a candidate that passed the inspection, was failed for laughing. His inspection was failed (although he recieved a passing score prior). Only 10 people in my platoon passed.

When you do weapon maintenenace, make sure your weapon is PERFECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.