• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting new ALNAV

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't see what either of you are getting at. Seems like it's just clarifying region and installation commander's authority WRT force protection matters.

Brett

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Is there a back story for this? Why would the Region Or Base Commander have a problem with tenement commands, did this happen?

robav8r

None
Contributor
clarifying region and installation commander's authority.

Brett

I believe that was one of the issues at Fort Hood and a concern overall with clarifying what authority the region has to respond appropriately to emergencies. In other words take/employ what you need and worry about permission later - probably a new concept for some military regions.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So in other words, business as usual, unless you're a base CO or regional CDR. What's all the fuss about then?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe that was one of the issues at Fort Hood and a concern overall with clarifying what authority the region has to respond appropriately to emergencies. In other words take/employ what you need and worry about permission later - probably a new concept for some military regions.
Don't see how that affects anyone, really.

Brett

robav8r

None
Contributor
^ Brett, it was a topic of discussion in the NCR recently. Nothing as earth shattering as other topics on the board recently, just thought it worth sharing.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hear ya. I was just wondering what MB was implying regarding being "on the road."

Brett

robav8r

None
Contributor
Probably being on a cross country and suddenly finding yourself at the disposal of a regional command trying to respond to a HADR type of scenario.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"We've got a hostage situation! Quick, launch the E-2C and that Prowler over there!" :D

Brett

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What, do the victims need a shitload of microwave popcorn???

"Let me have it!!!"

real-genius-popcorn-house.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Wait 'till the wackos get ahold of this info. They'll think the Navy is preparing for a "7 Days in May" scenario.