• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting story from an old Aviator.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I came across this story the other day and found it pretty amazing how lucky this guy was and the life he lead. Almost seems like it's a story right out of a movie. There is some religious factors in it but that's not what I'm posting it for.

Enjoy.

http://parsonsministries.org/Page.aspx?id=3
:sleep_125 Lots of guys had amazing stories back in the day. But few so promote themselves.

Nevertheless, these other quiet and heroic guys are worth a look too, and an objective comparison: VAL-4 and HAL-3!

PS: RE the plethora of medals... from all I heard, they really earned them! .... and then some.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Well I don't doubt there are many others with the same stories or even better. The book Flyboys by James Bradley exposes many heroic and horrible true stories about pilots in WW2.

I came across this one and thought it was really interesting how this guy even got excepted into the Air Force and then further reading the accomplishments. With all due respects, this guy deserves his recognition too.

I will check out your links as well though.. I always love reading these type of stories.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Catmando,

Yea def great accomplishments and heroic acts by these guys as well.. It's amazing how some of these stories depict those pilots flying through a spray of .50 cal bullets and making it through it. I was watching on the military channel how the Oh-6's basically wasn't much to the fuselage on those things, just some flimsy skin.. wouldn't ricochet or stop a .22 cal let alone a .50 cal bullet coming through.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
What a great story! He would have been the best at anything he ever attempted. Every single one of us can choose to believe or not to believe. I choose to believe.

Yankee Uniform Tango
I came across this story the other day and found it pretty amazing how lucky this guy was and the life he lead. Almost seems like it's a story right out of a movie. There is some religious factors in it but that's not what I'm posting it for.

Enjoy.

http://parsonsministries.org/Page.aspx?id=3

I felt kind of cheated reading (half of) that. The story's more about his religious experience rather than Military Aviation.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If it didn't have the spiritual aspect to it, it certainly would've been just a guy blowing his horn. The ending did give the story a point, if you're into such things.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's great to have a few drinks with some war-time pilots - amazing stories that few people will ever get a chance to hear.

Then, you should have a drink with Catmando sometime...when you turn 21.