• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice Transfer AF to Navy or Marines

Buster

Hey everyone,

I'm new around here, but it looks like a great source for information about the Navy and Marine Corps aviation. I've gotten myself in a bit of a predicament here and am looking at my options. First, I served as an enlisted member in the AF for three years. I was accepted to OTS, passed my flying physical and recieved my commission. However, while on my way to pilot training I became disqualified by the medical screening people for a color vision deficiency :icon_rage , and it looks like the AF will not be able to place me in another career field. I really want to stay in uniform and I know that I can pass on color vision and every other aspect of the Navy physical. :D

Does anyone know of someone who has done an interservice transfer like this? How likely is it to be approved? I'm trying to weigh all my options, but this is the most attractive to me. Please send along any information you might have that wasn't covered in the other transfer threads or that may be specific to my case. Your help is VERY appreciated.

BUSTER

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
No need to be hating AF because of this. It happens more often in the Navy than in the AF. Interservice transfer; to be honest...it's going to be very difficult but not impossible. Join the Army...Blue To Green...The easiest way to stay in service. Although, I would take out a million dollar life insurace.

Buster

I'm not angry, I just don't know what other career field I might be qualified for in the AF. I hope they can find me one and not just separate me.

Buster

snake020

Contributor
Interservice transfer process takes at least 9 months - and that's AFTER you have permission from the Air Force to do it (that process took me 2 months, and that was somewhat fast-tracked). If you're going to have a break in service, the interservice transfer process isn't set up for that.