• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice Transfer

DawgPoundfa

None
I am a long time reader of this site, and I think it is about time that I contributed to it. I am a Field Artillery Officer in the Army, assigned to a Stryker Brigade.

I just found out that my IST request for SNFO got accepted. I would like to offer any help to anyone that is looking to do an IST packet to the Navy.

Please PM me if you have any questions about completing an IST and I will help you to the best of my ability.

P3 F0

None
Promise me you'll start a thread, once you've been in your first squadron for a year, comparing your two experiences. I'd be interested to hear your take.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
I am a long time reader of this site, and I think it is about time that I contributed to it. I am a Field Artillery Officer in the Army, assigned to a Stryker Brigade.

One of the Ft Lewis Stryker Battalion Cdrs used to work for me - LTC "Ranger" Rick Heyward. Tell him I said hi, and I told you to tell him that all the beer he owes me he can give to you.

(You might want to be running in the opposite direction while bringing up the next subject.) Then, while lots of junior officers and Troopers are gathered around, ask him to share the story about how the Navy Reserve O-6 came to his rescue to saved his a$$ one dark and stormy night after he got lost on an endurance event. At least that's how I remember it...

Seriously, a great guy with lots of "deployed" time, and several scars to prove it, although mostly self-inflicted (parachute entanglement at low altitude; near amputation of several fingers getting them caught in a Bradley hatch, etc, etc).

DawgPoundfa

None
I will compare the two experiences, but from what I heard from friends it is a totally differnt experience and lifestyle, that I am frankly looking very forward to living.

A-6Intruder: What BDE is the CDr in. There are 3 Styker BDEs on FT Lewis. We have had a couple of Soldiers lose digits with the Stryker ramp. I know of a couple of guys that have had the hang-ups with the parachutes, and seen some nasty pictures.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
A-6Intruder: What BDE is the CDr in. There are 3 Styker BDEs on FT Lewis. We have had a couple of Soldiers lose digits with the Stryker ramp. I know of a couple of guys that have had the hang-ups with the parachutes, and seen some nasty pictures.

2-1 Cav, 4-2 SBCT - Just a thought if you were in the same BDE together and had a degree of familiarity with him already. Probably not a good idea to go too far outside your social circle and jokingly say "Hey Sir, is it true you are AFU?"

And, for the record, he's not. He is as tactical and squared away as anyone I know, and I would expect he will do extremely well at this level and beyond.

DawgPoundfa

None
Yes Sir, I think I wont approach him then since. That BDE just got back. Any CAV officer with the nickname "RANGER" has got to be a great guy to work for.

I could see me approaching him and asking him about his run in with the Navy Officer, and for the beers that he owes you. That would be a career highlight. It is a small world thought and you never know I could end up working with him oneday in a joint billet and then I will remeber to ask him.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Congrats again! The SecNav must not know you're an angry drunk that nobody likes. Seriously though, get down here so I can have somebody around worse at golf than me.

DawgPoundfa

None
why you got to start telling all my secrets to everyone here. I am trying to get there as soon as possible. I will let you know what they say tommorrow.