• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interview Question

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
Looking to see if anyone knows a Pilot / NFO down in the Long Beach / LA county area that I could possibly get an interview with. Any experiences with the interview process would be useful to hear about as well.

Thank you
TS-

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Looking to see if anyone knows a Pilot / NFO down in the Long Beach / LA county area that I could possibly get an interview with. Any experiences with the interview process would be useful to hear about as well.

Thank you
TS-
Call up UCLA NROTC department and ask if there is an S-3 NFO working there. If he is there, try to get an interview and tell him Joe Dirt sent you.....Can you get down to San Diego?

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
SD is a bit of a drive, but I could make the trip. I will do anything to increase the strength of my packet and get accepted.

Joe Dirt? Is that a some "secret code" or will I piss someone off if I say that? haha

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Thunder,

There's an NFO in the LA MEPS officer programs office. Stupid of me to not remember her name since I met her and spoken to her few times but she's always there when I go see my recruiter. PM me if you wanna contact my recruiter and ask him for her.

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
I know the NFO there. Part of the problem is that my Officer recruiter in that same office told me that I do NOT need an interview nor do I need more than the 3 LOR that I originally submitted. I have been doing everything that my OR has been advising, but unfortunatly from what I am hearing there is more that I could do. When I mentioned adding these items to my packet my OR tried to convince me that it was a waste of time. This is why I have been trying to just do it on my own. If I showed up to LA MEPS trying to do an interview right across the hall my OR is probably going to be pissed and think that I am not listening to him, and of course I want to be respectful and not upset anyone.

I see everyone here with more than 3 LOR, and interviews under the belt. I want to have these things added to my packet as well so that I can get selected. This means everything to me and I don't want to submit everything half assed.

Speaking of submission.... I was supposed to be in the Sept. Board, but my information is still in the office. From the way it looks now I will be lucky to make Nov. I'm not sure how to regard all of this...

?????????????????????? Delima ???????????????

FastMover

NFO
None
FWIW, I asked my recruiter about doing some interviews and was told basically the same thing. Interviews are only required for chaplain, etc.

Goob83

None
Thunder,

There's an NFO in the LA MEPS officer programs office. Stupid of me to not remember her name since I met her and spoken to her few times but she's always there when I go see my recruiter. PM me if you wanna contact my recruiter and ask him for her.

HEHEH you can not get an interview from some one in recruiting no matter what the designator.

Goob83

None
FWIW, I asked my recruiter about doing some interviews an was told basically the same thing. Interviews are only required for chaplain, etc.

Ok do a pole on here for IW and INTEL folks who got accepted without an interview or LOR from INTEL GUY. this willl be interesting to see. limit it to last two years

I have never had an intel applicant not selected hmmm wonder why? INTERVIEW might be key oh and why we are at it I have never had a SNA not approved or not selected long as the met the qualification on the ASTB. HMMMM wonder why cause I make them go get interviews HMMMMM, Matter a fact the only folks out of the 29 I put in last year 6 did not have interviewsm but he all but ACED the ASTB and had HIGH GPAs for quality schools. So there is hope.

NOW it is not required but highly reccomended for supply, intel and IW if your astb scores are low and your gpa suck and if you have no good extra curricular activites you need an interview. BUTTTTT you could get lucky and they will select all the applicants submitted like they did once last year for supply.

CONSIDER THIS IF YOUR RECRUITER Is IN A WALK IN MARKET they don't need to learn the system or waste time helping folks cause the numbers will come to them without effort.

If you can get an interview without too much pain then do it. If it is hard or not affordable to you do the best you can on everything else and hope you have a strong kit. by affordable .........folks I know have flown to Hawaii just to get interviews. I had one go to colorado so it can be expensive I guess.

GreenLantern330

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but what the hell it's related.

Saw on USNavyOCS.com that at least one officer interview is required starting April for OCS applications. Can anyone confirm this?

Lucy

Not balking at you Gl, but I'll post the info here too for others.

Maybe OR's who are Officers are just doing the paperwork for the interview and not telling applicants, I have no way to know, but as the NRC directives it is requried and has been since April. It does state the informal (OR) interview is allowed to be used. People have been denied processing/not accepted/returned applications for not meeting this requirement.

section 020603
para b

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1131%202D_CHAPTER%202_CH3.pdf

Also, as a side note NRD CO's are "now" expected to no longer allow marginally qualified prospects to apply unless there have other areas that more than compensate.

Seems the changes this year are really working to narrow down the applicants.