• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interview with the CO

Lonestar155

is good to go
This Fleet Week is going to be the best ever in San Francisco! Just got word this morning that the CO, of a fighter attack squadron, wants to meet me! My friend, a (CPL) in the Marines, told his CO that im a PLC air candidate and said he would be more than happy to interview and write out a LOR for me. The Nimitz is comming in the SF bay along with the rest of the carrier battle group and air squadrons. He will be aboard the ship when it arrives. As of now, I have sent out the LOR forms to all my employers, instructers etc. I was never expecting to set up an interview with an officer or vet, let alone a CO! Not many military personel in the area. Im fired up right now! Now im just wondering how much of an affect will a LOR from the CO of a fighter squadron place in my PLC package? I know that stats such as GPA and ASTB score is 100% more important, but now im just curious to know. Im confident that it will go well because I mean this is something ive been working for my whole life! Any other words of advice anyone can pass on before this weekend? Thanks

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I think he's looking for some form of quantitative analysis here...

Otherwise, nice man, you must really have some good hookups.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think he's looking for some form of quantitative analysis here...

Otherwise, nice man, you must really have some good hookups.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I was just trying to say "Look and act professional, but try to relax."

He probably just wants to get to know the guy before writing a letter for him and make sure he's not a douchbag. I write letters like this all the time and I just want to know a little about the person before putting my reputation at stake.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Harrier Dude,
What are some of the things you notice or look for when meeting with candidates? I know exactly what I want to say and how to say it, but then again I dont want to bore the interviewer.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Harrier Dude,
What are some of the things you notice or look for when meeting with candidates? I know exactly what I want to say and how to say it, but then again I dont want to bore the interviewer.

I look to make sure he is motivated (and for the right reasons), professional, and well-rounded. In other words, not a total dork or complete moron. I am impressed by confidence, intelligence, inclination towards leadership, and a desire to serve.

I am unimpressed by braggarts, slovenly people, Maverick wanna-bees, and suck ups.

Just be yourself and be polite. Don't worry, you'll do just fine.