• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Into the Sunset - VS-31 1942-2008

HuggyU2

None
When does the last S-3B in the Navy quit flying? I got an orientation flight on one in '96 at VS-41 with an IP named Mike Bell. That was good fun. Seems like it would be a cross-country machine.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When does the last S-3B in the Navy quit flying? I got an orientation flight on one in '96 at VS-41 with an IP named Mike Bell. That was good fun. Seems like it would be a cross-country machine.

Choice of Presidents...well, at least one

20030501-15_d050103-2-664v.jpg

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
When does the last S-3B in the Navy quit flying?

Last I heard, The Vidars at VS-22, The last squadron (Assuming VS-32 decomm's later this year), Are supposed to decomm in Spring of 2009.

Of course...I've heard on here with the P-3 groundings they could keep VS-22/32 around until the P-8 is in the fleet in decent numbers but as far as I know, That was still just being thrown around.

And I guess the CG rumors are squashed?

S3Dude

pilot

"Tink" Bell perhaps? He's still around, I believe he was at LSO school for a while, not sure now...

Definitely good for X-Countries. Lots of space and an APU. Range is not bad either. Great job.

Bird85

None
This was posted earlier by "Single Seat", but I decided to resurrect it in memory of the Topcats' disestablishment....

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Tink" Bell perhaps? He's still around, I believe he was at LSO school for a while, not sure now...

Definitely good for X-Countries. Lots of space and an APU. Range is not bad either. Great job.

"Tink" Bell (or at least one of them) was CNATRA paddles when I was in Advanced and ran our CQ evolution.