• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran: they only want intl respect and won't use those nukes

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
jtmedli said:
Agreed. Doing 'jack and shit' seems to be popular these days (read: Iran Nukes).

It's hard to do something about these nukes when they can't even get their nuclear shit together yet...

You're worried about something that they can't even effectively put together.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
jtmedli said:
Agreed. Doing 'jack and shit' seems to be popular these days (read: Iran Nukes).

Hasn't the status quo with Iran always been "Let Israel take care of it"

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Hasn't the status quo with Iran always been "Let Israel take care of it"

I highly doubt Iran is looking for a reason to use these "nukes" that they haven't even successfully assembled yet. I don't buy that Iran even wants to do anything...they just want to "matter" at the big boy table. They say some off the wall shit at times, but I don't believe they actually believe any of it.

Many people give Iran more credit than they deserve with some of the shit they try to pull. I'd dare say the same with NK.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I highly doubt Iran is looking for a reason to use these "nukes" that they haven't even successfully assembled yet. I don't buy that Iran even wants to do anything...they just want to "matter" at the big boy table. They say some off the wall shit at times, but I don't believe they actually believe any of it.

Many people give Iran more credit than they deserve with some of the shit they try to pull. I'd dare say the same with NK.

The old ostrich approach might work again. Lets all cross our fingers and not worry about it until they have working nukes and pray they weren't serious.

jtmedli

pilot
The old ostrich approach might work again. Lets all cross our fingers and not worry about it until they have working nukes and pray they weren't serious.

Yeah, what happened to "Peace Through Strength"? Did that turn into "Peace Through Prayer" somewhere?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
It's not like we are just going to forget about these countries...and ZOMG!! They've got NUKES!!! Launch the missiles!....

What I am saying is people overestimate their capabilities to the point of paranoia. The two countries in question can't even hold up a stable government. Iran, internally, is in chaos...and how would it NOT be suicide if they decided to be an aggressor with nuclear weapons? I doubt they have a death wish...despite what the talking puppet Ahmadinejad spouts off every 3-4 months in the papers. I bet he can't even keep a straight face when he goes off camera every time he says the Holocaust was a lie..etc etc etc

Treetop Flyer

pilot
But that's why it's not that big of a deal if they get nukes. They are unstable and we have no idea who may be in control in the future. That makes perfect sense.