• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran to get SA-20 Gargoyle: POSSIBLY

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Apologize if it's a repost.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/aw121508p2.xml

IF TRUE, this may put a wrinkle in some of our strategic plans in the area. Mind you it may take Iranians a few years to actually become proficient at utilizing the system.

Who cares?
Oh, wait.. Nevermind.. Iran's purchase of these weapons is going to be a threat to Israel's F-15I and F-16I aircraft.

When are we going to cut them off and let them solve their own problems?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Who cares?
Oh, wait.. Nevermind.. Iran's purchase of these weapons is going to be a threat to Israel's F-15I and F-16I aircraft.

When are we going to cut them off and let them solve their own problems?

Little phrase known as never again. That's why. And rightfully so.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So as a Navy 1630 are you confirming this...on an open internet forum?

H60Gunner

Contributor
Because I am sure the previous adminstration had one. :rolleyes:

Yup, they did not attempt to "negotiate", held their asses to the fire and appropriately labeled the Iranian regime "the axis of evil".

Let us sit back and watch what the obominator can do...

WALI_1980

^
Whatever FLASH said.

I am just going to leave it at that.

I am just waiting to see how quickly, now, this thread turns into an anti Obama session:irked_125.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^
Whatever FLASH said.

I am just going to leave it at that.

I am just waiting to see how quickly, now, this thread turns into an anti Obama session:irked_125.

I'd prefer it turn in to a 1630 weinis/douchnozzle bash session. You should be on JWICS and at the bare minimum SIPR as an Intel choad.....this is not new news...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, they did not attempt to "negotiate", held their asses to the fire and appropriately labeled the Iranian regime "the axis of evil".

Let us sit back and watch what the obominator can do...

The policy was not really to do much at all, negotiate or otherwise. And it has nothing to do with any SA-XX deliveries.

So the fact remains that there will probably be very little change when it comes to specific policy regarding arms transfers. And the policy has generally been to take very little real action other than rhetoric and words.